Elise Gaston Chand is a horsewoman with over 30 years experience in horse management, breeding, competition, and industry marketing and advertising. Elise was a horse-crazy kid raised by non-equestrian parents and is raising a young daughter who shares her love.
She and her daughter visited a horse stable/show and witnessed a traumatic event with a young rider, her horse, the trainer and the parent.
She left the show determined to help other parents not suffer the same tragedy, and so wrote the book: A Parent’s Guide to Riding Lessons, which is the topic of our delightful, entertaining and insightful interview. We discussed:
- Is it possible to be involved with horses economically and not break the bank or your child’s heart?
- Non-equestrian parents don’t have to be experts to be involved and why it’s so important to help guide their children’s horse-related activities. Your child’s love of horses can be something you participate in, whether or not you share that same passion.
- Trainers and instructors may — or may not — be qualified to teach your child. Don’t think that they are professionals simply because they know more about horses than you do.
- What is the single most important factor around horses, without exception?
- What is it about horses that is so appealing?
- Do horses become emotionally attached to people? How can you tell?
- How can you tell if your child’s interest in horses is temporary or is the start of a life-long career?
- Someone else may be more knowledgeable about horses, but no one knows your child better than you do. Being involved and informed will help ensure your child’s safety and his or her ongoing enjoyment.
Get your copy of her book “A Parent’s Guide to Riding Lessons,” (and a copy for all your other horse crazy kid parent friends) at: Amazon.com.
For more information, contact Elise through her website:
Is there a Real Dr Doolittle™? Yes, there is! Welcome to our Show on Talking to the Animals! I want to teach you what I know so you can learn how to talk to your animals, why it’s important to hear your animals viewpoints and how reconnecting with animals makes you a better human. Reconnecting with animals helps us be better humans, and is an exciting journey into Self, the nature and reality of our world, a behind-the-scenes look at the complex interactions between us all. Any animal lover can learn how to communicate with animals, you can too! Learn how to connect at the heart for a magical bonding experience with your animals.
SHARING IS GOOD!My mission and passion is to improve the lives of animals the world over by helping humans learn how to speak their language, understand their viewpoints, and heal. After all, our love of animals helps us learn how to be better humans, and the more balanced and healthy we are, the more balanced and healthy they can be too. Would you help me reach more animal lovers? Please forward now!
Do you want to learn how to communicate with Animals yourself? Take a look at my communication courses here https://www.learnhowtotalktoanimals.com/